Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
Leeds 504, JUG104, was a Daimler CWA6 with a Brush H30/26R body which had been new in January 1946 and was the first of a batch of nine. 504 was withdrawn in December 1956 and sold to A.M.C.C. Ltd. (dealers), London E.11 in May 1957. Behind is one of the sixty all-Leyland PD2/1s delivered in 1949/50.
Alongside, on trade plate 0763 U is the A.E.C. Matador recovery vehicle which had registration number MUB 647 (hidden by the trade plate) and which was preserved after withdrawal, it having passed to the West Yorkshire P.T.E. in 1974. They are in the bus park at Roundhay Park on Children's Day 1955.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Saturday 2 July 1955, Roundhay Park, Leeds
©1955-2019 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.