Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
Leeds 'Convert' 345 is seen at Crich before its full restoration. Originally an open balcony car built in 1921 by Leeds City Transport on a Hurst Nelson 21E truck and with a seating capacity of 36/22, the balconies were enclosed in January 1939 and it last ran in service on 14th July 1948.
After withdrawal it was converted for use as the joiner's shop, initially at Kirkstall Works and then at Swinegate Depot from November 1948. It was acquired by the Leeds Transport Historical Society in 1959 for preservation and moved to the National Tramway Museum at Crich in December 1959.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Sunday 21 April 1963, Crich
©1963-2018 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.