Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
One of three HR2 trams acquired from London in 1939, entering service on 26th October, 277 is seen at the Dewsbury Road terminus, about to work a journey on the 2 Circular route to Roundhay via Chapeltown and Moortown.
It had a Hurst Nelson 48/28 body on E.M.B. Heavyweight (L.C.C. Class 6a radial-axle box) bogies. Originally fitted only with hand operated wheel, and magnetic track brakes, Maley & Taunton air wheel and track brakes were fitted in June 1943, along with folding platform doors. It was withdrawn on 23rd October 1956, after running into Horsfield 171 at Oakwood.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Sunday 11 March 1956, Dewsbury Road, Leeds
©1956-2019 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.