Photo © Paul Haywood. Please do not re-post without permission.
Derby 1 was built by Brush in 1903 for their 4ft gauge system. It was withdrawn from service in 1933 and the lower saloon sold for use as a summer house. It was saved for restoration in 1962 and fitted with an upper deck from parts salvaged from other trams.
It then moved into TMS storage in 1970 until, in 1991, it was transferred to Crich and given a cosmetic repaint and placed on an ex-Blackpool 1435mm truck for static display, as seen.
Since June 2021 the car has been moved to off-site storage to make way for other restoration work. Beside it is the New South Wales steam tram engine 47 built by Beyer-Peacock in 1885, paired to Dundee & District steam tram trailer 21.
Photo taken by Paul Haywood, Saturday 15 September 2018, Crich Tramway Village
©2018-2021 Paul Haywood All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.