Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
County Motors, Lepton 74, DVH 753, was the second of six similar buses new in late 1948/early 1949. It was a Leyland PS1 with a Roe B32F body and entered service in January 1949.
In the interior view, note the single, forward facing, seats by the rear wheel-arches.
After withdrawal in 1959 it passed to Baddeley, Huddersfield, as number 61, in May 1959 and was withdrawn in January 1964, passing to Haigh (dealer), Huddersfield for scrap. It is seen here, before delivery, near the Roe works in Manston Lane, Crossgates.
Photo taken by Official photograph, from John Kaye collection, 1948/9, the junction of Ring Road, Seacroft with Coal Road
©2018 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.