Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
Barton 794, 794ARR, was rebuilt in 1959 from NVX170, a Leyland PS2/11 which had been new to City Coach Company in 1949 with a Heaver B39C body as fleet number G7. The second steering axle had been removed in February 1951 when 30 feet long vehicles on two axles became legal. It passed to Westcliff-on-Sea, Southend in February 1952, was renumbered 132 in July 1954 and passed to Eastern National in January 1955.
Sold in February 1958 to A.M.C.C. (dealer), London E.15 it was acquired by Barton in September 1958 and was fitted with a Northern Counties FL37/33F body and re-registered 794ARR, entering service in October 1959.
Photo taken by the late John Boylett, courtesy of John Kaye, Sunday 13 August 1967, Stamford Bus Station
©1967-2019 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.