Photo © Ken Jones. Please do not re-post without permission.
East Kent GFN273 was built as a double deck Leyland TD5 in 1938 and was rebodied by Beadle in 1952. It was withdrawn in 1967 and passed into preservation in 1972.
It was acquired sometime ago by Quantock Heritage, who have given it a total engine rebuild to get it back on the road. After many years off the road, Steve Morris drove it from Somerset to attend the Detling event after which some 11 of us lucky ones had a lift to our hotel near the Dartford crossing.
Inside it is in the original 1952 condition athough restoration in places needs doing. Next stage will probably be an external repaint.
Photo taken by Ken Jones, Saturday 1 April 2017, Kent Showground Detling
Click here for Ken's photo gallery
©2017-2019 Ken Jones All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.