Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
Seen in Peel Street, Bishop Auckland was Anderson (Blue Belle), Evenwood JVK620. This was a Daimler CWA6 with a Massey H30/26R body which had been new in January 1946 as Newcastle 20.
It was acquired in January 1957 or January 1958 (sources differ) and was, according to the P.S.V. Circle publications on O.K. Motor Services, PA20/34 (April 1989) and 2PA20/77 (March 1998), withdrawn by Anderson in October 1957 and sold to North (dealer), Leeds in October 1957 and to Williams and Miller (dealer), Washington 1957 and ?/57 (respectively) for scrap.
Publication PA16 (Newcastle - November 1986) states that Newcastle withdrew it in 1957 and sold it to North (dealer), Sherburn in October 1957 and to Williams and Miller (dealer), Washington 1957 for scrap !!!!. Perhaps it was resurrected some two years later specially for John's photograph.
Blue Belle JXN338 is behind.
Photo taken by the late John Boylett, courtesy of John Kaye, Saturday 1 August 1959, Peel Street, Bishop Auckland
©1959-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.