Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
New in March 1935 as Barton 199 with a Duple DP39F body, Leyland LT7 Lion BAL399 received a new Duple DP39F body in July 1942, the body being to pre-war standards with a few 'utility' features. In November 1952 it was fitted with a Leyland 8.6 litre oil engine and in June 1953 it received the 1948 Duple C35F body from Leyland PS1/1 JRR 919 and was renumbered 539 taking the number of the donated body.
It was withdrawn in October 1958 resulting in the "NOT LICENSED" notice in the windscreen and was scrapped in January 1960.
Seen alongside is 424, FVO 324, an 'unfrozen' Leyland TS11 Tiger new in September 1942 with a Willowbrook B36F body which received, in December 1948, the 1947 Duple C33F body from 484, HNN 712, a Leyland PS1. Withdrawn in August 1957, it was scrapped in May 1961.
Photo taken by the late John Boylett, courtesy of John Kaye, Sunday 10 May 1959
©1959-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.