Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
Seen at The Wharf, Newbury is Reliance, Newbury 47, ABE957, which was an A.E.C. O662 Regal which had a Plaxton DP35F body when new as Enterprise & Silver Dawn 99 in June 1938.
Passing to the renamed company Enterprise (Scunthorpe) in May 1947, it was withdrawn in 1949 and passed to Wilson and Hughes (White Bus Company), Bridlington in May 1949; to P.V.D. (dealer), Dunchurch in November 1955 and to Reliance in May 1956. With Wilson & Hughes it was recorded with a Plaxton C37F body and with Reliance it was recorded with a Barnaby B37F body, which would appear to be the case.
Photo taken by the late John Boylett, courtesy of John Kaye, Saturday 28 June 1958, The Wharf, Newbury
©1958-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.