Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
Canham, Whittlesea NKD330 seen at Peterborough started life in 1938 as Bristol Omnibus Company 2099, EHW449 with a Duple C32R body. In September 1939 it, along with others from the batch, was converted for use as a civil ambulance and in June 1941 it was loaned to the War Department for use as an ambulance, returning in November 1946 and was withdrawn in 1951. In 1952 the chassis was rebuilt by Yeates to 30' length, numbered WSY/O6622899/189, and fitted with a Yeates FC37F body for McShane, Liverpool entering service in September 1952.
In July 1954 it passed to Peascod (Crown Coachways), Liverpool and was sold in July 1956, passing to Cutler, Radcliffe-on-Trent in October 1956 from whom Canham acquired it in August 1961. Canham sold it in July 1962.
Photo taken by the late John Boylett, courtesy of John Kaye, Saturday 30 September 1961, Bishop's Road Bus Station, Peterborough
©1961-2019 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.