Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.
Leeds 139, ANW682, AEC Regent/Roe H30/26R seen here at Brighton after restoration work had been completed. The bus, one of a batch of 31 petrol engined vehicles (127-157), dates from September 1934.
Diesel engines were fitted to the batch between December 1934 and March 1935 and some, including 139, had bodywork renovation in 1947/8 by East Lancs (Bridlington).
139 was withdrawn from service at the end of 1950 but reinstated for tram replacement duties in November 1953 before being finally withdrawn in June 1954. It was then stored, apart from being used for publicity campaigns, until 1966 when it was acquired for preservation - it is currently (2005) preserved at the Keighley Bus Museum Trust.
Photo taken by John Kaye, Sunday 1 May 1977, Madeira Drive, Brighton
©1977-2019 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.