Southend Corporation Transport
Regents and Daimlers

From left to right, the rear of Southend wartime Daimler 218, BHJ742, next, without an engine is 249, UG1032, a 1932 AEC Regent with Roe H30/26R body, bought secondhand in 1946 from Leeds, and finally 259, EHJ443, a 1950 AEC Regent III with Massey body.
249 was withdrawn in 1950 but its body was not scrapped until about 1953 and the chassis two years later - click here for a photo while still in Leeds livery (operating on loan to London Transport).

Photo taken c. 1950-3, Corporation yard, Southend

See the Site Map for further details about copyright.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
Regents and Daimlers Gallery ...
View Gallery Previous Photo Next Photo

Photo ref: ss249. Page and photo added April 2006
Cookie policy