Southend 243, FOP417 was one of six second-hand utility Daimlers bought from Eastern National in 1955 but 243 was the only one of the batch not to be converted to open-top the following year.
243 was a Daimler CWA6 with Park Royal H30/26R body, new to Birmingham City Transport in 1945 (fleet number 1417), it then passed to Benfleet and District in 1947, then to Westcliff and in turn to Eastern National in 1955.
Click here for more details from the Southend fleet list pages.
Photo taken by ??? (Ian Banks collection), Victoria Circus, Southend
See the Site Map for further details about copyright.