Photo © Brian Pask. Please do not re-post without permission.
JN3229, a 1933 AEC Regent originally similar to JN4747, but seen here in Fairfax Drive yard on 16th July 1955 after being rebuilt in the late 1940s by Beadle. Although nominally rebuilds, these bodies differed so much from the original that they were probably virtually new bodies. By this time the bus would have been in green livery and carries its Eastern National fleet number 1163.
On the left is ex-Eastern Counties Bristol AVF354 (Eastern National 1001), acquired in 1954 and withdrawn the following year. It is on contract work in connection with the building of Tilbury Power Station. Further left is one of the FOP series of Daimlers ex-Birmingham via Canvey/Benfleet.
Photo taken by Brian Pask, Saturday 16 July 1955, Fairfax Drive Depot, Southend
©1955-2019 Brian Pask All Rights Reserved.
Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.
Prints of this photo can be obtained from Essex Transport Sales, enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org (quote photo ref BP046-10-pt).