Photo © Brian Pask. Please do not re-post without permission.
LT RM 43, VLT43, laying over by Stratford Church ready to work route 238 to Little Heath. The bus is still in near original condition, with no front opening windows, full depth grille below blind box and rear wheel disc.
Route 238 does not appear to have been a direct replacement for a trolleybus route, although it covers former trolleybus served roads through Plaistow to East Ham. It was running by (from?) 1959 and became Stratford to Little Heath (as here) on 27th January 1965. It still runs between Stratford and Barking, but the section to Little Heath is now served by route 387.
Photo taken by Brian Pask, mid 1968, London Stratford Broadway
©1965-2019 Brian Pask All Rights Reserved.
Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.
Prints of this photo can be obtained from Essex Transport Sales, enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org (quote photo ref BPC074-03).