Photo © Brian Pask. Please do not re-post without permission.
Towards the end of the war and shortly after, various new small buses were acquired by City Coach for the country routes based on Brentwood (although they also regularly appeared in Southend). This Commer, formerly C5, KTW247, parked outside Tyler's Avenue depot, was new in 1946 and has a Mulliner body which looks to be to utility standards.
It is in green livery with Westcliff fleetname, but does not yet appear to carry its Eastern National fleet number. A later Commer, with rather less austere body, is parked behind it.
Photo taken by Brian Pask, Tylers Avenue, Southend
©1954-2019 Brian Pask All Rights Reserved.
Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.
Prints of this photo can be obtained from Essex Transport Sales, enquiries to email@example.com (quote photo ref BP051-08).