Photo © West Yorkshire Information Service Collection. Please do not re-post without permission.
One of a batch of rear end photographs taken by West Yorkshire to illustrate advert sites and/or for the respective advertisers. This is 392, CWX680, a Bristol K5G with ECW L24/24R body, new in January 1939.
This view is early post-War; the depot is Grove Park, Harrogate, and is pre- 1949. It is particularly unusual in having a divided rear upper deck emergency window. By coincidence an official ECW photograph of this same vehicle when new shows it to have had the usual one-piece rear window, as shown on the rear view of 350 (BWY982) on this site. There is no known explanation or precedent for this feature; no other pre-War West Yorkshire K5Gs are known to have been so treated, nor was it rebuilt after the War. It was rebodied in 1950 with a Roe L27/28R body; under the April 1954 renumbering it became DG35. It was withdrawn in May 1961 and then ran with others from the batch for Esso Petroleum at Fawley Refinery until 1968.
Photo taken by West Yorkshire Road Car Company/WYIS Collection, 1946-9, West Yorkshire Grove Park depot, Harrogate
©1961-2019 West Yorkshire Information Service Collection All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.