SCT'61
The Back End of the Bus

Photo © West Yorkshire Information Service Collection. Please do not re-post without permission.

HYG972 was the first of a pair of chassisless Morris-Beadles new to West Yorkshire Road Car in late 1949. This example was numbered 618, new to Harrogate depot and was renumbered SM1 in April 1954.
Withdrawn on 31 July 1956 it was converted to a depot van, numbered 1023 and allocated to Leeds depot. In this view it is on a WYIS trip on a country lane near Bramham in May 1954, hence 996 (BWT791), a 1937 Bristol JO5G/ECW B32F, in front.

Photo taken by West Yorkshire Road Car/WYIS Collection, May 1954, Bramham, Yorkshire

©1954-2019 West Yorkshire Information Service Collection All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
The Back End of the Bus Gallery ...
View Gallery Previous Photo Next Photo
West Yorkshire ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: wysm1. Page and photo added May 2019
Cookie policy