Photo © West Yorkshire Information Service Collection. Please do not re-post without permission.
JYG741 was the last in a batch of twelve Bristol LWL6Bs with ECW FC35F bodies, new to West Yorkshire Road Car Co. in 1951. This particular one was new to Harrogate on 14 September, numbered 677, but after a spell at Keighley, it was allocated to Leeds from 1953 until withdrawal at the end of August 1963, having been delicensed each winter as was usual.
It was renumbered CBW12 in April 1954, which dates this photograph to being after that date. Note the rear fleetname. Unusually, the last 3 of the batch (CBW10-12) were never renumbered into the Express (EBW) class, but were demoted directly from CBW to SBW10-12 in April 1962, being repainted into reda and cream at the same time. Sold to Norths, Sherburn, it was the only one of the batch not to find a further owner, but was cannibalised for spares by Norths in 1965.
In this view it is with another four of the batch with three early LS6G coaches from the CUG class at the front, on an excursion from Calverley during September 1955 on the occasion of J.Walton's workers' outing to Blackpool.
Photo taken by WYIS Colletcion, September 1955, Carr Road, Calverley
©2019 West Yorkshire Information Service Collection All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.