Photo © Alan R Hall. Please do not re-post without permission.
Eastern Scottish ZA31A, NSG793, was a Bristol LS6G with ECW DP40F bodywork. It had been delivered in March 1956 as C38F and allocated to New Street depot. In February 1964 it was transferred to Peebles depot and in January 1965 it was converted to DP40F, this configuration retaining 2+2 seating at the rear. In June 1966 it returned to New Street and remained there until withdrawn in January 1973.
It is seen in Lanark between trips on infrequent (Four journeys per day, five on Saturdays and Sundays) service 61 which ran between Edinburgh and Lanark via Penicuik, Carlops and Dolphinton. For a short while there was also an even less frequent 61A which used the more direct, but uninhabited, A70.
Eastern Scottish used to garage a vehicle overnight on this parking area.
Photo taken by Alan Hall, 1969, Horsemarket, Lanark
©1969-2020 Alan R Hall All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.