SCT '61
Photo Gallery

Photo © Alan R Hall. Please do not re-post without permission.

Eastern Scottish BB39A was an AEC Regent III which dated from 1948 and was fitted with an Alexander L27/26R body. Considered by some to be a little Spartan in appearance, they, nevertheless, outlasted their Duple and Burlingham bodied counterparts in the fleet and were popular with drivers because of their preselective gearboxes.
It is seen leaving Edinburgh's St Andrew Square Bus Station for Polton Mill Road End in Lasswade, a service whose equivalent is now operated by Lothian Buses.

Photo taken by Alan Hall, 1968, St Andrew Square Bus Station, Edinburgh

©1968-2017 Alan R Hall All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
Scottish Omnibuses ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: etbb39a. Page and photo added February 2013
Cookie policy