Photo © Alan R Hall. Please do not re-post without permission.
On a glorious summer morning, Eastern Scottish ZH393A, XCS905, rests in the Market Place in Jedburgh on the morning service from Edinburgh to Newcastle. The vehicle was a Leyland PSU3/3RT with Alexander DP49F bodywork which had been new to Western SMT in 1964 as their 1884. This was one of 16 similar buses (13 from 1963 and the remainder from 1964) which came from Western in 1969 and had their original C38Ft bodies converted by ECW at Lowestoft before entering service with Eastern Scottish.
The crew will have repaired to a nearby cafe, or possibly to the small sub-depot in nearby Castlegate, before going forward to Newcastle. When they reach Newcastle they will enjoy a break of just under three hours before returning north.
Photo taken by Alan Hall, c.1970, Jedburgh Market Place
©1970-2017 Alan R Hall All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.