SCT'61
John Boylett Memorial Collection Part 4 - 1963 on

Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.

Seen here with Vagg, Knockin Heath but new as Eastern National 396, 725APU was a Bristol SC6P with an Eastern Coachworks B35F body. It was the second of the SC prototypes and was new in 1954.
It was fitted with a Gardner 4LK engine in 1958, replacing the original Perkins P6. This and 395, 724 APU, the other prototype which was an SC4LK, toured the Scottish Bus Group as demonstrators when new. Both 395 and 396 were acquired by Vagg in May 1964.

Photo taken by the late John Boylett, courtesy of John Kaye, early 1971

©1971-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
John Boylett Memorial Collection Part 4 - 1963 on Gallery ...
View Gallery Previous Photo Next Photo

Photo ref: es396a. Page and photo added May 2016
Cookie policy