Eastern National SD1000, YAL368, Leyland Tiger Cub PSUC1/1 with Metro-Cammell B44F body, new to East Midland (R368) in 1958. This vehicle and sister YAL 369 were acquired by EN in April 1971 but only lasted until November of the following year.
Despite the then current numbering system having been introduced 7 years earlier, this was the first vehicle to carry fleet number 1000, since 608 JPU, a Bristol SC / ECW which was allocated this number, was withdrawn three months before the new system took effect in August 1964 (as were all 12 SC's allocated numbers in the 1000 series).
Photo taken by Eric Thompson, Saturday 31 July 1971, EN Depot/Bus Station, London Road, Southend
See the Site Map for further details about copyright.