Photo © John Stringer. Please do not re-post without permission.
Former Greenslades Tours of Exeter LTA629, an AEC Regal III 9621A with Duple A-Type C32F body, originally new to Devon General's Grey Cars fleet (TCR629) in 1950.
The four-bay variant of the A-type body (they were more usually 5-bay) used only on the Regal III chassis and some Bristol L6G's for Black & White. These particular Regals had a rear overhang with a higher then usual cutaway to provide improved ground clearance. Originally saved for preservation by Colin Shears, by the time of this photo it had been acquired by Dave Sayer of the Mersey & Calder Bus Preservation Group and is seen here stopping off for fuel in Halifax whilst taking part in the 1973 Trans Pennine Rally. It was later repainted into Grey Cars livery, and eventually passed through a number of owners, but is still very much on the rally scene today. It makes the finest AEC sounds and was a joy to drive.
Photo taken by John Stringer, Sunday 5 August 1973, Halifax Petrol Station, King Cross Street, Halifax
©1973-2017 John Stringer All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.