Photo © Wimborne Railway Society archive. Please do not re-post without permission.
Crosville Motor Services DKB397, KFM273, is a 1950 Bristol K6B with ECW L55R bodywork, part of the first batch of Bristol engined post war deliveries. Seen at Oswestry station at the southern end of service D2 from Wrexham via Ruabon and Chirk.
Crosville had a depot and enquiry office at Oswald Road, Oswestry, where the station is located. The magnificent station building in the background still exists as the Buffers restaurant and Cambrian visitor centre. The depot building may still exist as there is a likely looking building in use as a tyre business a little further along Oswald Road. The footbridge behind the bus has also disappeared and the cars on the station forecourt are somewhat more modern than that shown here.
Photo taken by Wimborne Railway Society Archive (c/o Ken Aveyard), Sunday 28 February 1960, Oswestry Station, Oswald Road
©1960-2017 Wimborne Railway Society archive All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.