SCT'61
Brian Pask Gallery

Photo © Brian Pask. Please do not re-post without permission.

In 1947 City Coach acquired their first double deckers, a batch of four Leyland PD1/1s. Two, as LD4, LEV920, seen here in Romford Market Square on the way to Southend, had lowbridge Beadle bodies.
Note the very small blind box, later replaced by a larger one, and City brown and cream livery. This corner of Romford Market place is relatively little changed today, although buses now go round the ring road a little to the north.

Photo taken by Photographer Unknown, Brian Pask Collection, 1940s/early 1950s, Romford Market Square

©1950-2017 Brian Pask All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
Brian Pask Gallery ...
View Gallery Previous Photo Next Photo
City Coach Company ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: csld4. Page and photo added September 2011
Cookie policy