Photo © Chris Hough. Please do not re-post without permission.
This Leyland Lion LT5A, VD3433, was new to Central SMT in 1934, one of 110 ordered by them and Lanarkshire Traction. Originally fitted with a Leyland bodywork. It was withdrawn in 1945 and sold to Alexander who fitted this semi-utility Alexander body and a diesel engine. It operated on Perth city services in this red livery.
In 1953 it was transferred to Alexander subsiduary David Lawton of Kirkentilloch who finally withdrew it in 1959. It was sold to a showman and was retrieved for preservation in the sixties. Originally 3510 in the Central fleet it became P721 VD3433 in the Alexander fleet
Photo taken by Chris Hough, 1997, Dunbar
©1997-2019 Chris Hough All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.