SCT'61
John Boylett Memorial Collection Part 2 - 1959

Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.

McKechnie & Cole (Cream Bus Service), Stamford 6, ECT748, a Plaxton C33F bodied Commer Avenger new in March 1950 and seen here in Bishops Road Bus Station in Peterborough still displays the name of W.H. Patch in the destination glass.
Patch had started the Cream Bus Service in 1924, McKechnie later becoming a partner and the final partnership dated from September 1958. It became Barton 886 in February 1961 and passed to Reeder, Chilwell in May 1962.

Photo taken by the late John Boylett, courtesy of John Kaye, Saturday 24 January 1959, Bishop's Road Bus Station, Peterborough

©1959-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
John Boylett Memorial Collection Part 2 - 1959 Gallery ...
View Gallery Previous Photo Next Photo
Cream Bus Service ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: cr6. Page and photo added December 2013
Cookie policy