SCT'61
John Boylett Memorial Collection Part 2 - 1959

Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.

Barton 256, BVO456, seen in the yard at Chilwell, was a Leyland LT7 Lion with a Duple DP39F body new in March 1936.
In 1943 it, along with five others from the batch, received a new Burlingham B36F body using seats from the original Duple bodies. In March 1949 it was further rebodied with the Duple C39F body seen here, and was withdrawn in September 1960, following which it was used by Barton as a store shed from July 1961 until August 1963. The 1943 Burlingham body had also been used as a store shed from March 1949.

Photo taken by the late John Boylett, courtesy of John Kaye, Sunday 10 May 1959, Chilwell

©1959-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
John Boylett Memorial Collection Part 2 - 1959 Gallery ...
View Gallery Previous Photo Next Photo
Barton ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: bt256. Page and photo added March 2017
Cookie policy