SCT'61
John Boylett Memorial Collection Part 2 - 1959

Photo © John Kaye. Please do not re-post without permission.

Barton 253, BVO453, was the second of sixteen Leyland LT7 Lions with Duple DP39F bodies new in March 1936. It received a new Burlingham B36F body in 1943 using seats from the original body and was further rebodied in late 1948 with a Duple C39F body, being fitted with a Leyland 8.6 litre oil engine in 1950. Withdrawn in September 1960 it was one of four used as store sheds by Barton and was scrapped in August 1963.

Photo taken by the late John Boylett, courtesy of John Kaye, Sunday 10 May 1959

©1959-2017 John Kaye All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
John Boylett Memorial Collection Part 2 - 1959 Gallery ...
View Gallery Previous Photo Next Photo
Barton ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: bt253. Page and photo added August 2014
Cookie policy