Photo © David Mitchell. Please do not re-post without permission.
Bolton tram 66, an 8 wheel double-decker which was built by the Electric Railway and Tramway Carriage Company in 1901. The tram was originally an open-topper but was enclosed in 1932 although it retained an open drivers platform.
It was withdrawn from service in 1946 and the lower saloon was sold as a caravan. It was rescued by local enthusiasts in 1964 and after the restoration (including the building of a completely new top deck) the tram arrived in Blackpool in 1981 where it has operated ever since. Since the tram has been in Blackpool it has been fitted with a low voltage lighting system and air brakes.
Photo taken by David Mitchell, Saturday 25 September 1982, at Blackpool
©1982-2017 David Mitchell All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.