Photo © Paul Haywood. Please do not re-post without permission.
Former Bolton 54, WH1553, is a preserved Leyland TD1 with a Leyland-designed body by Bromilow and Edwards (confirmation needed), dating from 1929.
In 1936 this bus was sold to Hicks Bros. of Braintree where it was renumbered 53 to match its registration, and is seen still bearing this incorrect Bolton number. After a very complex history, and bearing many liveries, this bus is safely preserved in Lincoln, now bearing its correct number 54.
It is seen adjacent to the partly obscured JUB29, a TD1 with an Eastern Counties body, in the guise of Keighley-West Yorkshire K451. Once a common site on the rally scene, it has not been seen for many years. Anyone know where it is now?
Photo taken by Paul Haywood, circa 1974, Trans-Pennine Rally, Harrogate
©1974-2017 Paul Haywood All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.