SCT'61
Ken Jones Gallery

Photo © Ken Jones. Please do not re-post without permission.

JOJ976 is a Guy Arab IV with Gardner 6LW 8.4 litre 6 cylinder and pre-selective gearbox with a Metro-Cammell 55 seats (27 ft, to operatorís design) body. 2976 is a typical Birmingham Guy, and entered service in February 1953 from Acocks Green garage.
It moved to Miller Street in October 1967, to Harborne in May 1969, and to Washwood Heath in August 1971. It had been absorbed into the West Midlands Passenger Transport Executive in October 1969 and received the new fleetnames but still carried its old colours when retired in January 1972.
It was purchased for preservation in June 1972 and sold to the WythallTransport Museum in January 1983. Both the original preservation owner and the Museum have carried out a considerable amount of work, including removal of an offside illuminated advertisement panel fitted in the early 60s.

Photo taken by Ken Jones, Monday 2 May 2016, A435 near Wythall
Click here for Ken's photo gallery

©2016-2017 Ken Jones All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
Grey Scale
Ken Jones Gallery ...
View Gallery Previous Photo Next Photo
Birmingham City ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: bm2976. Page and photo added May 2016
Cookie policy