Photo © David Beilby. Please do not re-post without permission.
Bedwas and Machen UDC 8, KWO216, was a 1952 AEC Regent III 9613A with Northern Counties H30/26R bodywork. It is supposed to have been built at the same time as three for Aberdare UDC but there were several differences. One Aberdare feature was the illuminated fleetname above the destination display, used on all Aberdare buses up to 1958.
KWO 216 is seen here in Caerphilly working the service to Trethomas. The use of Standard St. to define the Trethomas terminus seems to have been confined to the destination blind fitted to this bus.
Photo from David Beilby collection, taken Bartlett Street, Caerphilly
Click here for David's photo gallery
©2013-2017 David Beilby All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.