Photo © Paul Haywood. Please do not re-post without permission.
The entire fleet of Notts & Derby trolleybuses was bought by Bradford in 1952 prior to the closure of their system in 1953. This view shows NNU234, a 1949-vintage Weymann-bodied BUT trolleybus clearly showing traces of the original Notts & Derby logo.
After withdrawal in 1967, this trolleybus was sold to the NTA minus traction motor but returned on Sunday 5th September 1971 to have a motor fitted at Thornbury. This would no doubt be an EE410 as originally fitted to the NNU's which had become available following the many trolleybus withdrawals of June and July. 770 was parked at the top of the works approach until September 11th when it was re collected by the NTA. (Thanks to Ken Aveyard for this information)
Photo taken by Paul Haywood, early September 1971, approach road to Thornbury Works, Bradford
©1971-2017 Paul Haywood All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.