SCT'61
Trolleybus Gallery

Bradford bought many second hand trolleys in the 1950s and seen here is a rear view of 783, CBX913, a 1946 Karrier W new to Llanelly & District. Bradford bought the chassis from South Wales when the Llanelly system closed in 1953 and had new East Lancs bodies fitted. Heading back into the city is 720, DKY720, is a 1946 Karrier W bought new by Bradford and rebodied by East Lancs in 1957.
720 and 783 were both withdrawn in 1969. The bus the centre of the photo is 484, NNW484, a 1949 AEC Regent III with Roe body of Leeds City Transport, on the joint service between the two cities.

Photo taken by R B Parr from Chris Hough Collection, Saturday 19 May 1962, Leeds Road, Thornbury

See the Site Map for further details about copyright.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
Trolleybus Gallery ...
View Gallery Previous Photo Next Photo
Bradford Corporation ...
Fleet Photo Index

Photo ref: bf720. Page and photo added December 2009
Cookie policy