SCT '61
Photo Gallery

Photo © Chris Hough. Please do not re-post without permission.

This Leyland Lion LT5B was new to Alexander in 1934 as their P169, WG2373. It was rebodied by Burlingham in 1947 and finally withdrawn by Alexander in 1960.
It then spent some time with a showman before being bought for preservation. In 1998 it entered service with Cumbria Classic Coaches of Ravenstonedale. It is seen in Barnard Castle in 2000 and is now in the Glasgow Vintage Vehicle Trust collection. The steam at the rear of the bus is from a small stationary engine parked behind it!

Photo taken by Chris Hough, Saturday 27 May 2000, Barnard Castle

©2000-2017 Chris Hough All Rights Reserved.
You're welcome to print these pages for personal use only or to link to them as long as it's not for financial gain. Photos may not be re-posted anywhere (including facebook, flickr and fotopic sites) without permission. See the Site Map for further details.

Show this photo as ...
Higher Resolution
Grey Scale

Photo ref: ax169. Page and photo added June 2011
Cookie policy